Per Kirkeby might be the most famous artist you’ve never heard of.
Despite his fame in Europe, Kirkeby has never gained much exposure in the states. The Phillips Collection is trying to fix this with their current exhibit “Per Kirkeby: Paintings and Sculpture,” the largest U.S. exhibition of his work to date.
The 26 paintings and 11 bronze sculptures displayed cover the entirety of Kirkeby’s 40-year career, showcasing the constantly evolving style that has made him Scandinavia’s most celebrated living artist.
Read More of Staff Writer Sean Meehan’s article on the Phillips Collection’s newest exhibit Per Kirkeby: Paintings and Sculpture.
- goyago24 reblogged this from theeaglescene
- goyago24 likes this
- city-of-industrie reblogged this from obsessionofattraction
- reviresce likes this
- 7sw likes this
- city-of-industrie likes this
- parkeroe likes this
- sklstrd likes this
- kenjiabe likes this
- cryrabbitcry likes this
- naufragedelune likes this
- obsessionofattraction reblogged this from theeaglescene
- dideriviera likes this
- lifeismagnifique reblogged this from theeaglescene and added:
- allltsominspirerar reblogged this from theeaglescene
- nunetts reblogged this from vogne
- lentesdesolparavermejor likes this
- timecurator reblogged this from vogne
- grotesquesoniaviktor likes this
- vogne reblogged this from pzurmoehle
- pzurmoehle reblogged this from theeaglescene
- sha1010 likes this
- narcissusandgoldmund reblogged this from theeaglescene
- narcissusandgoldmund likes this
- iamdovetailed likes this
- theeaglescene posted this