Movie Review: Oz The Great and the Powerful
Disney’s trend of adapting classic novels like “Alice in Wonderland” and “John Carter” is continuing to blaze ahead with the another high profile reimagining: “Oz the Great and Powerful.”
The film works excellently as a prequel for “The Wizard of Oz,” setting up the circumstances for the original film, but director Sam Raimi (the “Spider-Man” trilogy) unfortunately does not bring anything visually interesting or unique to the film. In essence, Raimi seems to be imitating Tim Burton in the dependence on CGI and a typical storyline.
Read More of Contributing Writer Ean Marshall’s review of Oz The Great and the Powerful, starring James Franco, Mila Kunis and Michelle Williams.
- sherlockthedragon likes this
- saraimagdaleno likes this
- saraimagdaleno reblogged this from theeaglescene
- reflectionsofmydreams reblogged this from theeaglescene
- cocoliinafication likes this
- theeaglescene posted this